Friday, December 5, 2008

Looking at all Kinds of Art

I once went museum hopping with Marilyn Hughey Phillis after a long day at a workshop. We were both exhausted, but she still had the stamina to look at each painting for several minutes. Finally I asked her what she was looking for, and she said that she looked for three things in a painting. 

1. What challenge did this artist set up for herself?
2. Did she succeed in solving her challenge?
and 3. How can I use her solution in my own work.

Look at all kinds of art. Check out my favorite artists listed to the right. Challenge yourself.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey Susan!!! You are off to a great start with this blog! Congrats on taking the leap!

Post a little teeny bit every day then go look at other folks' blogs. You'll be amazed at what happens!

Looking forward to having you here in the 'blogsphere!"

 
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_F7KDVCwTZPw/ST3lBsu94GI/AAAAAAAAABQ/ZsrKK9KnzZE/s1600/Picture%2B6.png